Episode Sounds: 1ACV04 - Love's Labours Lost In Space
- Fry: "What was wrong with your date last night?"
Leela: "I don't know, something I couldn't quite put my finger on...possibly his vile lizard tongue!"
Amy: "You're too picky."
Fry: "Yeah. If you rule out every guy with a lizard tongue or a low iq or an explosive violent temper, of course you're gonna be lonely."
Leela: "There's nothing wrong with having high standards. Now can we please stop..."
Zoidberg: "The female Leela's problem is purely medical. Soon she will drop her eggs and they will hatch, and all will be well."
- Amy: "Let's all take her out tonight. There's lots of great places to meet people!"
Hermes: "The Federal Sex Bureau!"
Bender: "A saucy puppet show!"
Zoidberg: "The rotting carcass of a whale!"
Amy: "Hmm...I'll pick."
- Fry: "Why's everyone wearing those rings?"
Amy: "Guh! Because nobody wears them anymore! Rings are stupid!"
Fry: "I think they look cool!"
Amy: "Shh, don't let anyone hear you say that!"
Man: "Hey, did that lad just say rings are cool?"
Amy: "No. He said they're stupid."
- Amy: "So what do you think of that guy by the bar?"
Leela: "I don't know. Maybe."
Bender: "Forget it! He's gay."
Leela: "What? How can you tell?"
Bender: "I just know these things. I've got what they call 'gaydar'."
Leela: "There's no such thing."
Bender: "No? ....Ok, I've got a lock on him. <beep> Yep, he's gay!"
Amy: "Are you sure?"
Bender: "Definitely! Unless I'm getting interference from a gay weather balloon."
- Woman: "You're from the 20th century? That's incredible, I'm from the 21st century!"
Fry: "No way! We've got so much in common."
Woman: "We sure do. Remember when those cyborgs enslaved humanity?"
Fry: "Uh...Yeah! That rings a bell."
- Fry: "I need the apartment tonight. Go see a saucy puppet show."
Bender: "Can do!"
- Man: "My my my, what's a beautiful lady like you...whoah! I'm sorry, I thought you had two eyes."
- Robot voice: "This is Virgon 6."
Professor: "This is Virgon 6."
Professor: "It's a sunny little doomed planet inhabited by a number of frisky little doomed animals."
Professor: "That's right, animals in desperate need of rescue."
- Leela: "Yes, but what about the animals?"
Professor: "The wha?"
Leela: "The animals."
Professor: "I didn't say anything about animals. Now it seems the planet will collapse within three days. Incidentally, this will kill all the animals."
Leela: "So we have to bring back two of each kind, just like Noah's ark."
Bender: "Why two? ....Oh, hehehehehe!"
- Fry: "I betcha Leela's holding out for a nice guy with one eye."
Bender: "That'll take forever. What she oughta do is find a nice guy with two eyes and poke one out."
Fry: "Yeah, that'd be a time saver."
- Fry: "Leela's got a boyfriend!"
Leela: "No I don't, but I think we oughta meet with him and see if he'll help us rescue those animals."
- Zapp: "Killbots? A trifle. It was simply a matter of outsmarting them."
Fry: "Wow, I never would've thought of that."
Zapp: "You see, killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down."
- Leela: "I might've liked Zapp Brannigan if he weren't a pompous dimwit who threw me in prison."
- Zapp: "I'm facing a formidable female adversary, Kif. Suggestions?"
Kif: "I fail to see any problem, sir. You already imprisoned her under directive B10.81."
Zapp: "You mean Brannigan's Law?"
Kif: "Right, that law."
Zapp: "Which one?"
Kif: "Brannigan's Law."
- Fry: "We can definitely escape, Bender. All you have to do is bend the hatch off this steam pipe."
Bender: "Hey, yeah!" (pipe bending sounds)
Fry: "No good, it's full of steam!"
- Zapp: "Sorry...just go. You want the rest of the champagne?"
Leela: "No. And it's pronounced 'champagne'"
Zapp: "Oh God, no!" (sobs)
Leela: "It's not a big deal!"
- Leela: "Zapp, last night was a mistake."
Zapp: "A sexy mistake."
Leela: "No, just a regular mistake."
- Leela: "The only kind of crawling I'm doing to you is away. From."
- Zapp: "Kif!"
Kif: "Yes...oh...yes, captain?"
Zapp: "I have made it with a woman! Inform the men."
- Kif: "Fatso says you're free to go."
Fry: "Really? Why?"
Kif: "Why, indeed?"
Fry: "What does that mean?"
Bender: "So should we get our stuff and head down to the planet?"
Leela: "We just talked, ok?"
- Leela: "All right, we don't have much time to collect these animals. The planet is supposed to collapse in approximately...two hours ago."
- Zapp: "You know, Kif, one my woman returns I won't have much time to hang out with the boys anymore."
Kif: "That's a shame, sir."
Zapp: "So let's make the most of our time together, shall we? ...Never mind, just give me a back rub."
- Leela: "Leave him alone! It's not his fault that he's an unstoppable killing machine. Is it, snoogums?"
- Leela: "We're out of fuel! Bender, I told you to fill the tank before we left."
Bender: "Yeah, I'll do it when we get back."
- Fry: "Lucky for us, Zapp Brannigan's nearby."
Leela: "No way, forget it! I refuse to go crawling back to him."
Fry: "What? What are you talking about?"
Leela: "Nothing. We just talked."
Bender: "So what's your problem? It's not like you slept with him. (long pause) Oh my God..."
Fry: "Oh, how could you, Leela? I thought you had some standards. I mean, jeez, he's a dumb gross gorilla!"
Leela: "That's enough. Don't you think I feel bad enough already?"
- Leela: "All right, all right, I'll call him. I mean, if living is that important to you."
- Leela: "Look, are you gonna rescue us or not?"
Zapp: "Can't you ask a little more sexfully?"
Leela: "Pleeeeease, big Z?"
Zapp: "Certainly! But first you'll have to get rid of that thing. That's the law, Leela. And Brannigan's Law is like Brannigan's love - hard and fast."
- Fry: "Wow, way to tell that guy off! Now what's your secret escape plan?"
Leela: "Uh...I guess to sit here and wait for death."
Bender: "Can do!"
- Leela: "Bender, pick it up and put it in the engine."
- Leela: "We made it! And some of the animals survived."
Bender: "So a couple animals didn't die, and Leela got lucky. That's what I call a successful mission."
Fry: "We're heroes!"
- Zapp: "Captain's Journal. Stardate...uh..."
Kif: *sigh* "April 13th."
Zapp: "April 13.2! We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However, I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars? Kif, I'm asking you a question."
back to the episode overview