Episode Sounds: 3ACV14 - Time Keeps On Slippin'
back to the episode overview
- Fry: "So Leela, how about a romantic ride in one of those swan
boats? They're kind of dangerous, but I've finally mastered them."
Leela: "Those aren't swan boats. They're swans."
Fry: "Oh. That explains these boat eggs."
- Bubblegum: "For generations your puny planet has lived in peace
with the globetrotter home world, but now, for no reason, we challenge you
to defend your honor on the basketball court." (people talking surprised
together) "Will no one meet our challenge? Have none of you pathetic
Fry: "What happens if we lose?"
Bubblegum: "Nothing. There's nothing at stake and no threat, beyond
the shame of defeat"
- Prof. Farnsworth: "This will not stand!" (people talking
surprised together) "I'll take you on, you air balling bozos"
Bubblegum: "You old man? Hu! Sweet Clive, laugh derisively at
Sweet Clive: "Ahaha, ahaha, aahahaha."
- Prof. Farnsworth: "We'll need to speed up their growth with
time particles, called chronotons"
Bender: "Aren't those the particles that destroyed an entire civiliza..."
Prof. Farnsworth: "Good news everyone! You're off to the tempest
nebula to gather chronotons"
- Leela: "Your face can take a lot of punishment. That's good
Fry: "There's a lot about my face you don't know. Perhaps you
and it can get better acquainted over a dinner."
Leela: "All right. Cool your jets, hotshot!"
Fry: "Come on Leela, why won't you go out with me? We both know
there's something there"
Leela: "No I mean cool your jets. You're melting Bender's face"
- Leela: "Here you go. Hot of the nebula."
Prof. Farnsworth: "None too soon. While you were gone, the trotters
held a news conference to announce that I was a jive soccer."
- Prof. Farnsworth: "Behold! My invincible nuclear mutants."
- Zoidberg: (mutant squeaks) "Bwahaha! That one grabbed his behindus."
Bubblegum: "Who dares laugh at the gestures of dunk? We came to
terrify and humiliate you, not tickle your funny bones! Watch as I embarrass
your civilization by passing the ball to Curly Joe" *spoing* "Only
to have it remain in my hands with elastic! Aaaahahahaha" (people boo-s)
- Marv Albert: *bang* "Yeees! He's really showing us what a man
with a cannon in his chest can do!"
Prof. Farnsworth: "No show boarding you atomic hotdog!"
- Prof. Farnsworth: "Did everything just jump around, or did my
brain just stroke of there for a second?"
- Fry: "What's happening?"
Prof. Farnsworth: "We seem to be lurching forward randomly in
time, like a needle skipping on a record player!"
Amy: "What's causing it? Is it my outfit?"
Prof. Farnsworth: "No it must have something to do with those
time particles I used to grow the supermen. Time and space are ripping apart
at the seams." (cough sound)
Man with cannon in chest: "Huu??" (Shots ball) (Splat sound)
Prof. Farnsworth: "Oh great! Now, on top of everything, we need
a new fifth man."
- Marv Albert: "A dark day for humanity folks. We have been beaten,
Globetrotters: "Yeah that's how we do it" *laughter*
Bubblegum: "You are all fools of the highest caliber!"
Leela: "I don't know what you did Fry, but once again, you screwed
up! Now all the planets are gonna start cracking wise about our mamas."
Hermes: "I'm just glad my fat, ugly mama isn't alive to see this
Prof. Farnsworth: "Enough about your promiscuous mother Hermes.
We have bigger problems."
- Bubblegum: "I think we got ourselves an excess of chronotons
in the subatomic (???)
Prof. Farnsworth: "Yeees. I see. Something involving that many
big words could easily destabilize time it self."
Fry: "Is that a problem?"
Prof. Farnsworth: "Indeed so! At this rate, by Tuesday it will
be Thursday. By Wednesday it will be August, and by Thursday it will be the
end of existence as we know it!"
Man: "I'll have to ask you to clear out now. The circus needs
to set up for tomorrows big." (time jump) (elephant sound)
- Linda: "Time continues to skip forward randomly, details at
11." (time jump) "This is the news at 11. The mysterious and unexplained
(time jump) "Turning to entertainment news: Teen singer 'Wendy' might
just be the lates
" (time jump) "
won 3 Grammy's last
nigh." (time jump) "
was found dead. In her bathtub."
- Zoidberg: "So, he's not perfect. You don't wanna end up old
and lonely like Zoooidbeeerg." *crying* *sniff* "You were saying?"
- Nixon: "Here's the funding for your gravity pump, but it damn
well better work! We can't spend all of earth's money every day."
- Prof. Farnsworth: "Now to begin the arduous task of attaching
it to the ship so that
" (time jump) (space ship sound) "Off
you go, apparently."
- Leela: "Just a few.. more.. hundred.. thousand.. miles!"
- Bender: "And what better way to celebrate our success than by
me showing Bubblegum the globetrotter uniform I made."
Bubblegum: "Let me see" (Bender's door opens) "Hello
- Fry: "Leela, I want you to know, I think the way you moved those
stars around was really wonderful. I got you something" *champagne bottle
Leela: *gasp* "Moderately priced domestic non vintage champagne?
How did you know?"
Fry: "You deserve it! I mean, nobody every stops to tell you what
a great captain you are."
That is so true and sweet."
Fry: "You're smart, you're beautiful, and best of all you'd go
out with me-ee?"
Leela: "Fry. Please try to understand. You're a man. I'm a woman.
We're just too different."
- Leela: "Fry, stop. I don't wanna hurt you, but there is absolutely
positively no way that you and I will ever, ever" (time jump)
Robot Priest: "
man and wife. You may kiss the bride."
(kiss) (wedding bells)
- Zoidberg: "Don't be so hard on yourself, Fry. You lost the woman
of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You all still have Zoidberg!"
- Fry: "I did something so great that it won Leela's heart, and
I'll never, ever know what it was. My life is empty" *sniff*
- Bubblegum: "We'd need some kind of doomsday device to initiate
an implosion like that!"
Prof. Farnsworth: "Doomsday device? Aaah! Now the ball's in Farnsworth's
- Bender: "Please, please let me come with you. I can make myself
Bubblegum: "Bender, you can talk trash, you can handle the ball,
but look in your heard and ask yourself: Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?
Bubblegum: "Are you?"
Bender: "I mean. With time, my funk level could
Bubblegum: "Are you?"
Bubblegum: "Deal with it."
- Leela: (radio sound) "Careful with that doomsday device Bender"
Bender: "What does it matter? I'll never be a globetrotter. My
life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Leela: "Roger." (radio sound)